What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplastyis helpful in restoring the youthful look of your eyes and even improves your vision. Blepharoplasty is a procedure that involves removal of excess skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids.
Who needs Blepharoplasty?
As you age, the muscles supporting your eyelids tend to weaken. This can result in:
- Sagging eyebrows
- Droopy upper eyelids
- Unwanted skin on upper eyelids impairing peripheral vision
- Prominent eye bags
- Excess skin on lower eyelids
How to prepare for surgery?
The trained surgeons at the Aesthetic Surgery Centre perform Blepharoplasty as a standalone procedure or in conjunction with other facial surgical procedures for a complete makeover. Before the procedure, a consultation with your plastic surgeon and eye specialist will be scheduled to consider your:
- Goals and expectations from the surgery to ascertain the outcome
- Medical history including allergies, use of medication and previous surgeries
- Physical examination and eye measurements
- Eye test and peripheral vision examination result
- Immediate and long-term surgery effects depending on your eyelid photography result