Endocrinology is a medical subspecialty dealing with disorders of endocrine glands, such as the pituitary gland. These disorders include problems with growth, puberty, diabetes, obesity, problems with Vitamin D or other disorders related to hormones and glands that produce them. Hormonal problems affecting growth or sexual development can have long-term effects on child’s physical and emotional well-being. A pediatric endocrinologist is sensitive to the specific needs of each patient and cares for your child or teen in a comfortable environment. The division of Pediatric Endocrinology at BLK takes care of issues like:
- Diabetes and its complications
- Diabetes Foot Disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Growth and sexual development disorders
- Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Calcium and parathyroid gland disorders.
- Hyperandrogenic disorders like Hirsutism, polycystic ovaries.
- Obesity (In consultation with Dietician, Bariatric Surgeon)
- Infertility (Consultation with Gynaecologist and Urologist, infertility specialist)
- Disorders of pituitary, adrenal and other Hormonal disorders.
The surgeons at the Pediatric Endocrinology department are highly-experienced and skilled in conducting different surgeries. This is one of the first departments to introduce minimal invasive neck surgeries for all Endocrine disorders. Other surgeries conducted are:
- Day care surgeries for thyroid disease
- Endoscopic thyroid and parathyroid surgeries
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Endoscopic thymectomy
- Stem cell therapy for foot ulcers