Sports Injury Management
As a sports person, one has to undergo rigorous physical training and exercises. Being a sportsperson requires one to be physically fit all the time. But, no one can avoid injuries, while playing or doing athletic activities, sportsperson faces small and sometimes severe injuries. Most injuries are common and are taken care by sports trainers, physiotherapists and staff which travel along the sports team. However, in case of severe injuries a specialist intervention is required. The Orthopaedic centre at BLK offers experienced and effective treatment to catastrophic injuries related to head, spine or spinal cord.
Most common Sports Injuries:
- Groin Pull: The condition is mostly common in sports like Football, Hockey or Cricket. Strain on the inner thigh muscle or groin can sometimes lead to excruciating pain. The immediate relief can be given with ice compressions or pain-relief sprays. If the pain persists then you are always welcome to visit our doctors.
- Shin Splints: An athlete must have suffered from shin split more than once in his/her career. The term refers to extreme pain in the front of the lower legs. It can occur due to excessive running or too much of physical training.
- Ankle Sprain: It is the most common injury for a sportsperson and generally taken care by sports trainers. But, in case of ligament tear or any severe injury a doctor’s visit is a must.
- Hamstring Strain: Too much stress on legs while running, jumping or kicking can result in Hamstring strain. Any strain on hamstring muscle takes time to heal and need an expert to manage the injury.
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis Elbow can be very painful if not treated on time. It happens due to excessive strain on elbow making tiny tears in the elbow’s tendons.
- Knee Injury: Any strain on knee can lead to tearing of knee joints and may require exercise and surgery in some cases.
The Centre offers Key Hole Arthroscopic Surgery for Knee and Shoulder Joints. Knee Arthroscopy deals with meniscal and ligament injuries. The surgery involved reconstruction of cruciate ligaments where a key-hole technology. The other procedures include:
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Shoulder Joints rectifies rotator calf injury, repeated dislocations and labral injuries.
- Facility for Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI) – a biomedical treatment that repairs damages in articular cartilage and is extremely useful for young and aspiring sportspersons.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation unit to support post-surgical care.
- Medical cover for International Cricket, Hockey, Wrestling and Soccer matches.