Enquire Now

Unrelated Donor Transplant

Unrelated Donor TransplantAs many as 30 percent do not find a match within the family,in case of patients needing stem cells from a donor. However, the remaining 70 percent can find a good match outside the immediate family through donor registries. To improve chances of finding matches for everyone, it is imperative that registries include donors from as many ethnic groups as possible.

How is an unrelated donor identified?

  • After several rounds of testing HLA, the transplant centre will select the best matched unrelated donor.
  • The donor will be tested at the nearest donor center and after consenting will undergo either a marrow harvest or G-CSF (granulocyte colony-stimulating factor) mobilized peripheral blood collection.
  • Volunteer unrelated donors are usually registered in large national registries.
  • Age, gender and partial or complete HLA typing help identify the right candidate.

Speciality More Information

BLK Centre for
Bone Marrow Transplant

  • Largest BMT Centre with HEPA filter for preventing infection
  • In-house HLA / TBI / Blood Bank / DSA
  • 24-hour ICU back-up
  • Emergency transplant without waiting
  • Facility for all transplans (Autologous / Allogeneic / Half Match donor / match Unrelated)
  • Full team of Paediatric & Adult Haematologiest

Where healing meets passion

  • Largest private sector hospital in Delhi, India
  • Spread over 650,000 sq. ft.
  • 650-bed capacity | 140 critical care beds | 17 state-of-the-art modular operation theatres
  • 1500 healthcare providers | 150 globally renowned super specialties | 300 medical experts
  • Asia's largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centre
  • Asia Pacific's first Cyber-Knife VSI
  • City's first dedicated Neuro-Vascular Biplane Cath Lab
  • Liver Transplants | Kidney Transplants | Bone Marrow Transplants | Robust program for Heart Transplant
  • Centre for bone marrow Transplant | Cancer Centre | Centre for Child Health | Centre for Critical Care | Centre for Digestive & Liver Diseases | Heart Centre | Centre for Neurosciences | Centre for Orthopedics, Joint Reconstruction & Spine Surgery | Centre for Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery | Centre for Renal Sciences & Kidney Transplant
  • Accredited by NABH & NABL for high quality patient care.



BLK Hospital

BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Pusa Road
New Delhi -110005

Phone no

24 Hrs Helpline: +91-9015443040
Whatsapp no: +91-8800791529

BLK Super Speciality Hospital information?

Complete a preliminary course request form.

Contact Us

Doctor's Video

Patient Testimonial - Video